become a PEACE-BUILDER in amman, jordan
PEACE-BUILDING IN YOUR COMMUNITY
This course explores ways you can build peace in your communities, through learning about issues relating to peace and exploring the reasons for conflicts on a local and global level. You will also devise and conduct an activity to contribute to building peace in your community.
The course starts on 24 August, 2018.
Students meet two times every week (on Fridays and Saturdays) for three hours.
The courses will take place for ten weeks.
Amman. Exact location to be confirmed.
Kylie Hamwendy the lead facilitator and coordinator for the Sky School Hub in Amman, Jordan. She is a graduate from UWC Maastricht and is currently living in Amman, Jordan, where she works as at the Al-Hayat Center for Civil Society Development. Her background is Kurdish. Kylie has volunteered with refugees and asylum seekers in Erbil, Kurdistan; Serbia, Hungary, and Germany. She is also the co-founder of Knooppunt Community Centre, an NGO that works to integrate refugees in the Netherlands.
Who can apply
You can apply to these courses if you:
- Are living in Amman, Jordan
- Are between 16 and 26 years old
- Are not currently enrolled in or having previously completed a higher education programme
- Are interested in becoming either a social entrepreneur or a peace-builder in your community
- Are able to read, write and speak in English at intermediate level. You do not need to be fluent in English.
- Are able to use a smartphone, tablet or computer for 6 hours per week.
Note: You do not have to be a refugee to apply our Jordan courses, they are open to all young people who meet the above criteria.
The deadline to apply is 19 August, 2018.